For Mac Users - Enquiry - Using videochat.tv

AngelAbbey-x

For Mac Users - Enquiry - Using videochat.tv

Unread post by AngelAbbey-x »

Hello,

I am having a particular issue with video chat.tv for my MacBook Air (2015) and (2017) models created by iStreaming for AW.

It all begun with my MacBook Airs (2015) and started so suddenly too. It's very bizarre to explain but bare with me and I will try my best. When I log into video chat on chrome...it did not give my FT camera the option when selecting cams to use. So I contacted AW and they told me to try a different browser. Result! Safari worked for a little while. As at first all these issues were happening to my one MacBook Air. But I did have another one as a backup so I decided to try this one also. Meanwhile, I have been in touch with Apple Support which they advised me to update the iOS so I did. That problem still occurred on Chrome even with the new iOS and a complete NVRAM refresh, as they suspected it could be a flash player issue. But it wasn't.

The next problem that happened on Safari AND Chrome was my FT Camera would be very slow as that backlight came on, the closer to my screen I was. But if I went into the background a few inches away it would be completely fine. I'd like to add I wasn't logged in to the network. This was just happening whilst loading my cam and testing BEFORE I logged in to see FPS rates. So by this point I began suspecting hardware issues. However I did hardware test using restart and holding down D...no faults found on any of my Macs. ONLY on the videochat.tv lite as Skype and even such video chatrooms like ChatRoulette did not have this issue. ONLY video chat.tv Lite had this particular problem now.

So I sold my Macbook Airs (2015) due to they would be in working order for a non cam model using videochat.tv. I have now purchased a new MacBook Air (2017) model. I have now discovered, the same exact issues as before are still occurring. But get this, if I open Safari sign onto VC AND open my FaceTime App at the same time. The slow image I have been receiving instantly fixes itself. It is by far the most bizarre thing I have ever come across. And not even the Apple engineers I spoke to could figure out why it was reacting this way. But I am glad I have bought a completely new model now, and it is still happening to an extent because now I have the means to take it further with iStreaming and have all the evidence to prove it is their encoding or something along those lines which could very well be the problem.

I was just wondering if any other Mac users are having this problem. If so the temporary fix is to open your FT app with the browsers and cam open. But as far as a perm fix, I am completely baffled.

I am also writing this email to ask DP employees, if they could get Collin to get in touch with me. He's been so helpful in the past. I just wish to speak to him because if he could not help me then maybe he can steer me in the right direction of iStreaming admins I can contact further.

Thank you for reading,
Abbey

KStudent

Re: For Mac Users - Enquiry - Using videochat.tv

Unread post by KStudent »

I have a MacBook (Pro 2013) and have been experiencing similar issues. Up until about a month ago I could use JCI Lite on chrome and then suddenly my Facetime Camera isn't recognised. Like Abbey the camera works fine everywhere else, Facetime, Skype, video chatrooms but JCI only works on Safari. Any fix to this problem would be appreciated, especially before the issue gets as bad as it has for Abbey above.
Thanks,
-K-

admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

Landline - 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Mon - Fri - feel free to call us.

KStudent

Unread post by KStudent »

I already allow Flash to run on the appropriate sites but went through the process you linked anyway and that didn't solve it at all.

admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

Hi, I dont have much experience with macs sorry. On the article, it mentions if you still have problems to contact AW.

If you click to contact AW and dont know how to send the message feel free to call the office:

UK Office landline number is 02892108055 5pm-7pm Mon-Fri

Thanks
Landline - 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Mon - Fri - feel free to call us.

KarinaCurrie

Unread post by KarinaCurrie »

It’s the lite software. It’s supposed to be there as a back up really as originally justcamit software was programmed for windows and lite was the poorer quality ‘use in case software failure’ option. It’s obviously still not been programmed properly for Mac. Most Mac users end up running parallels which, yes costs more money but sorts out the issues you’re having. I’m surprised nobody has told you this before considering you’ve been having the issue for this amount of time even to the point of replacing your hardware!
Hope this helps
Kx

P.S. if you do decide to install parallels then you’ll just need to download the full justcamit software in windows and it should without issues.
I’m a WILF Darling! Not a bloody MILF! Do I look like a frikkin Breeder!?! :lol: