SM external Encorder ...

british_nikki

SM external Encorder ...

Unread post by british_nikki »

Okay girlies, new to streammate.

I've only ever logged on like 5 times in 2 years, I was told I had to use the external encorder, but I logged on last night and just used the normal webcam (the one where you can see yourself in the little webcam box). I still seemed to get paid and whatever so I know it works lol.

Was just wondering what the difference between the two (normal webcam and the encorder) was. Does it make much of a difference?

Any help or information at this point is fab :D

Nikki x

BustySunshine

Re: SM external Encorder ...

Unread post by BustySunshine »

I use encoder, but my friend use normal cam.. I think there isn't very big difference, it's just how you used to work.
But streamate says that encoder + those wide screen settings + working with wire (not wi-fi) gives you higher position.. I wouldn't say there is huge difference, but when I changed to encoder, my earnings went up :)

british_nikki

Unread post by british_nikki »

Thanks so much, I'm used to adultwork (which is super easy compared to SM).

I just find the encorder harder to sync up to work, plus you can't see yourself unless you bring the page up on the screen :).

Busty_Sorella

Unread post by Busty_Sorella »

I am continually trying to use the encoder but can I get it to work - Nope. Ive had support helping me and they say my brand new laptop just isnt good enough!! Which sucks!! I can get on the encoder sometimes on the low settings for like 5 mins then it lags and freezes!! I just use the normal settings now, and although its no where near as clear and the traffic is not as good.. it's ok x
x Sor x

Busty_Sorella

Unread post by Busty_Sorella »

I have managed to get the encoder working on the lowest settings, but I cant have AW open at the same time (which i used to when I was streaming normally) it runs so choppy if i do.
Although there is like a 9/10 second delay the traffic does seem to be better, and there is a slight difference in my earnings on SM.. so it does seem to work.
But I still haven't got to grips with it yet!
x
x Sor x