AW - Difficult verification

BlueBunny

AW - Difficult verification

Unread post by BlueBunny »

I don't know if anyone can help me here, but I'm not sure where to turn anymore. Last year, I tried opening an AW account to offer webcam services. All fine and dandy, but they keep asking for more evidence that I am the person I say I am. I was so bummed about it that I kinda just let the account sit unverified for months. Here's my problem. I was born in Romania, I haven't been there to visit since 2003. I have been a Canadian citizen since 1995, and living in North America full time since 1993. My passport is Canadian. Never ever had a Romanian passport (was too young when I left Romania). I guess because they see my birth place on my Canadian passport they are freaking out about me.. Ohhh I'm so scary and I'm going to scam everyone because I was born in a blacklisted country (how fair is that?)... (I'm with DP for Stream btw, so I'm not a complete stranger). My passport was the ID I submitted from the very beginning. So in addition to that, I've submitted copies of my Canadian bank accounts or credit card statements, don't remember which. That wasn't good enough. As a final attempt, I have submitted a picture of me, holding my passport open, next to a North American electric outlet, with a daily paper in my lap showing the date. If they don't accept this, how the heck am I going to get verified? To further complicate things, I am currently staying with my boyfriend in Florida, and it's not like I can go take a touristic picture showing the Montreal Stadium behind me any time soon. The paranoia/discrimination is kinda bugging me. Help?

admin
Site Admin

Re: AW - Difficult verification

Unread post by admin »

Hi, its not paranoia if its true ;) The Eastern Bloc countries have a high rate of fraud as you will know, its unfortunate you have been tarred with the same brush but thats the way it is.

Your circumstances make it harder to verify but as your legit then in the end there should be no reason to not verify you.

Have AW got back to you since your post above?

Thanks
Landline - 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Mon - Fri - feel free to call us.

BlueBunny

Admin, I don't know if you worked your magic behind closed doors, but you're not going to believe how this story ended. AW did not approve the last crazy picture I submitted, as mentioned in my first post. I didn't have any profile pics on AW, and I read that is required for verification, so meanwhile I uploaded a couple of those as well. After the rejection yesterday, I wrote AW a little letter and I submitted it instead of another ID picture. lol It was polite, but I asked "WTF" (politely). I then got an email that said my ID was rejected, naturally, since it wasn't a picture. A few hours ago, after not submitting anything else, I got an email saying I was approved. Wow... it's crazy, and I don't understand it, but I'm not going to complain. :P Time to figure out how to broadcast from there, and sign up with DP. :D Thank you if you did help, if not, thank you for taking the time to reply!

admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

BlueBunny

Admin,

Thank you for the link. I have a few more questions. :(

Can I still sign up with DP if I had previously linked my payoneer to my AW account? Right now my payoneer is in there and I didn't know if I could still transfer to DP, so just double checking on that.

My other question is actually even more critical. The other day after being verified I had webcam service checked in my profile. I am still verified with ID/verification picture when I look in my details. Today I logged in, and the webcam service is no longer checked even though I'm verified. I try to enable it, but I cannot. I get the following error messages.

The following problem(s) were detected:

Country/currency mismatch. Please re-select your country and regional settings.
Country/time zone mismatch. Please re-select your country and regional settings.
You have ticked the box for offering SMS chat but you have not verified your mobile phone with us. Please see the 'Mobile' link above.

I tried unchecking SMS because my phone does not appear to pass verification. I reply with the code provided but then nothing else happens, so I give up on SMS. The page settings (SMS/Webcam) will not save/update because of those errors I'm getting.

My country error is because Adultwork verified me as living in the States, of Romanian nationality, even though my passport is Canadian. If I try to update the site with my Canadian coordinates it won't let me because "residence" takes precedence over citizenship. I'm not sure what the issue about the currency is, nor the time zone. What a big freaking mess. I cannot re-enable webcam service due to this problem. Is there any way you could help me with this issue through your contacts at AW? If I can't get webcam enabled I won't be very useful to the site. :( (nickname there is ShyCara)

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

Hi, yes DP is ok if your already linked to AW for payoneer.

Is the profile working ok now?

Thanks