Job title

Eva-Cherry

Job title

Unread post by Eva-Cherry »

Lately I've been applying for houses and when they ask me what I do I get a brain block. I usually just say I work online but sometimes they ask what I do exactly. I'm not ashamed of it I just think some un opened minded people would judge me and I don't want that when applying for a house. So I was just curious as to what you other ladies said you did, without over exaggerating to much?

AlexisSugar

Re: Job title

Unread post by AlexisSugar »

I get that question very often and just say im kinda secretary in a small company and work from home doing mails and things like that :lol:

Eva-Cherry

Oo that's good I could say I work online doing secretarial work :)

AlexisSugar

Unread post by AlexisSugar »

Well thats not so far of the truth since we have to deal with contents and mails...calculating and researching all the time ;)

Elouise_Please

Unread post by Elouise_Please »

If it's someone I've only just met (hair dresser, nail technician etc) or I just can't be bothered to explain it then I just say I'm a freelance photo retoucher. I studied photography and I do actually spend quite a lot of time editing photos for my website anyway, so it's pretty believable / easy to talk about :) x

Eva-Cherry

What if you had to fill in a form asking about job etc?

Elouise_Please

Unread post by Elouise_Please »

If its a form I always put "adult entertainer"

Xx

KatieEvers

Unread post by KatieEvers »

Gawd never mention anything adult, not if you want that job/ house/ loan anyway!!

I am a self employed contractor for an online search engine for anything other than my tax forms (where i am an online entertainer).

brightandbeady

Unread post by brightandbeady »

I usually say 'Webcam Entertainer' and if anyone (unofficial) wants further information, I say that I work for an adult chatline. It usually brings a few raised eyebrows but hey ho!

Eva-Cherry

Yeah I just don't fancy telling people who have the power to decide if I get a house over someone else who is say a teacher lol. I've come up with online moderator, seen as I do have a chat room and I guess I do moderate it hehe :).

TheBrownFox

Unread post by TheBrownFox »

Chat room moderator

Then maybe they'll just assume you're in charge of moderating one of those AOL chatrooms or whatever...lol.

Hopefully, they won't keep pressing you on the issue, but if they happen to say "Oh cool, I want to visit your chat room," try not to panic and just calmly explain that you keep the online business thing separate from IRL because you don't go by your real name in the online world...lol.

IRL = in real life :)

I hate when people ask tons of "So what do you do?" questions.

KatieEvers

Unread post by KatieEvers »

I have my patter down to an art form now. It's so boring people stop listening after the first sentence :D

Much harder is when my OH tells people I "do SEO", then all the bloody know it alls come out and start asking me stuff and I have to explain that no it's not SEO, it's blah blah blah

The harder part is explaining how your very boring online job earns you enough to pay for things outright hehehe...

Sexy_Ally

Unread post by Sexy_Ally »

Complementary Therapist is what I've said to HMRC, gonna change that for my next car insurance premium too as it's much cheaper.

But also have said I'm an entertainer.

LadyElla

Unread post by LadyElla »

I say I am in customer services working from home and if asked more questions I say I take calls at home and work online with websites.

Well we are into customer services :lol:

Thecashprincess

Unread post by Thecashprincess »

TheBrownFox wrote:Chat room moderator

Then maybe they'll just assume you're in charge of moderating one of those AOL chatrooms or whatever...lol.
I always say I'm a chat room moderator... If they ask me what I do I make up some rubbish about how I moderate childrens chat online. Technically I'm not lieing...Most of the AW men are like children ;)